How to Light your Pergola? The pergola, this additional space that gives the opportunity to comfortably enjoy the outdoors, allows you to lounge, or spend pleasant moments with family and loved ones. This is why its lighting must be perfect, especially to accompany convivial evenings organized around a barbecue, or a good meal with guests. There are many possibilities, but how to do well for this very special arrangement?
How to Attach Lights to Pergolas?
The Choice of Lighting
This choice is motivated by the needs of the occupants. Outdoor lighting with LEDs provides pleasant brightness, while this type of lamp is really less energy-consuming. They save energy consumption.
Read more: Tips to Buy Home Decor Accessories Online
Furthermore, LEDs do not heat up, so they are not dangerous and do not damage the structure of the installations. Solar lights are another alternative that also has considerable advantages in terms of energy-saving and sustainability.
The Classicism of the Ceiling Lamp, always Trendy
The ceiling light is the common solution. Ideally installed, it can very well sublimate the pergolas. To obtain the desired light intensity, you have to choose the number of lamps to put in place. They are well spaced so that everything is uniform.
Related resource, you must read: Build Modern Wooden Pergola Yourself
Particularly for fabric pergolas, the lighting system should be integrated. The same applies to bioclimatic pergolas which can carry the lamps on the adjustable slats, or on the frames. In both of these cases, LEDs are preferable.
Different Effects Depending on the type of Lighting
Those who wish to personalize the light of their pergola can take into account the following tips:
- For natural white light or overhead, you have to opt for 4800 K LEDs.
- Obtain a bluish, or very cold, light, the LED is used with a lighting temperature of around 7,000 K.
- To create a beautiful decorative effect resembling candlelight, opt for 1900K LEDs.
- Project shade within the pergola, as if it is the full moon’s lighting, is necessary to opt for projectors that will be hung above a structure, such as vegetation, for example.
- Hanging lighting, such as a lantern, works well in a dining area.
- To highlight the pergola and especially to create a festive atmosphere, it is necessary to rely on lighting in the form of a garland.
- A warm atmosphere is established with ascending lighting recessed into the ground or installed on a base or a stake.
Do not hesitate to consult the site directory to find a qualified professional in the field of lighting.